We specialize in Mazak ball screw repair. Some of the most common problems with a Mazak ball screw are premature wear and heavy pitting due to coolant, a damaged ball nut or worn out & broken return tubes. Most of the time a Mazak ball screw isn’t a shelf item and it can take several weeks to order a replacement.
What will it cost to repair my Mazak ball screw? Typical savings are 65% or more from ordering a new ball screw. Total cost depends on the amount of work the screw needs. A “slightly out of comp” will be a lot cheaper than “it was making noise and now it seized” repair. Call us with the approximate dimensions of your ball screw and describe the problems you are experiencing. We’ll get you a firm price and delivery time right over the phone.
How long will it take to repair my ball screw? Average delivery times are 3 to 5 days. Repair time depends on the amount of work needed. If you need your ball screw repair fast, we offer 24/48 hour delivery. Our goal is to deliver on your schedule.
Need a price for ball screw repair service? Call or email us with the following information:
Approximate overall length & diameter of your Mazak ball screw
Is your ball screw a single or double nut?
What problems are you having with your ball screw? Backlash? Loss of tolerance? Be specific.
When do you want your Mazak ball screw back in production?
Call us with the information and we’ll get you an immediate price & delivery time right over the phone.
Even if your Mazak ball screw is obsolete, we can manufacture and reverse engineer any parts needed to get your ball screw working like new. Even if another company said it can’t be repaired, Ross CNC can do what other repair shops can’t.
Just a few of the brands of we service
Why choose Ross CNC to repair your ball screw?
The best warranty in the industry. All work is guaranteed up to 24 months covering all parts & labor.
Save 50% or more from buying a brand new ball screw. Call with your sizes for an estimate over the phone.
Normal delivery time is just 3 to 5 days. Expedite 24/48 hour delivery is also available.
High precision grinding up to .0002 per foot lead accuracy.
Zero backlash for the highest productivity and repeatability.
Brand new ball screws manufactured in 14 days or less.
Weekend Mazak ball screw repair service! If we receive your ball screw by Thursday or Friday, we can perform all necessary repairs, adjustments and testing to get you shipped and in your shop by Monday. This service needs to be set up in advance, just tell the technician that this is a weekend repair. This is a 25% expedite fee additional to our normal charges.
|Mazak ball screw repair
|Mazak ballscrew repair
|Mazak ballscrew repair service
VCN 510C II 5X
SLANT TURN NEXUS
SLANT TURN SERIES
Typical ball screw repair is as follows:
- Testing for accuracy, preload and backlash. We will provide information on failure analysis explaining why your ball screw failed and what you can do to make you ball screw last longer.
- Complete disassembly and chemical cleaning for inspection. All measurements are recorded with photos and full details provided upon request.
- ID of ball nut measured and compared to OD of ball screw. Checking the ball groove depth, accuracy and run out.
- OD of ball screw is precision ground to accept a larger ball (example: original worn ball groove of .255 is ground to .265). Only the ball grooves are being ground, pitch/lead is not being changed.
- ID of ball nut is precision ground to match ball screw (+/- .0003)
- Return tubes / slots are repaired or replaced as needed. If your ball screw is making noise odds are the returns are worn.
- Spacer is ground (for split nuts) for exact fit and to set preload on each nut.
- New grade 10 chrome steel balls are installed to exact size of your ball screw and nut for maximum performance and precision repeatability.
- All parts are lapped & run in to insure preload is even throughout entire length of ball screw
- Through cleaning to remove lapping compound, bluing and new measurements are taken to insure proper fitting and precision
- Wipers/seals are replaced
- Bearing surfaces checked for wear, if needed we can grind and chrome plate to original size and install new ball screw support bearings (20% markup on new bearing sales).
- Final assembly, inspection for preload, backlash, precision repeatability and testing.
- Complete written detail of all work performed with photographs and used parts returned upon request.
Your ball screw repair is complete and will be fully oiled and ready to be installed. Not only will it look like new but more importantly it will work like a brand new unit for 24 months. You’ll also save 50-70% from buying a new ball screw.